Thank you for your interest in having me review your book or product. The most important thing to remember is that I will only give HONEST reviews. If you don’t want to know what I REALLY think about something and just want a good review here and at Amazon (which is where I post my reviews), then go somewhere else. I also do not return products/books and I do not guarantee that I will review everything that comes in, so if you are going to send more than a $10 book or something, then you might want to email me first to see if I’m interested.
I’m a major gadget person, I have entirely too many things that need to be plugged in – so most anything gadget-ish will get looked at. Read on for about books though, I’m a little pickier there!
I’m just me. I’m not some big reviewer. People follow my blog, some are my friends, some are random people I’ve found along the way. You can learn more about me at my personal landing page website – http://www.candybeauchamp.com
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my mailing address is PO Box 170128, Austin, TX 78717.
If you aren’t sending a book, you can stop there, otherwise, please read ALL of the following…
Books are what people send mostly and I love reading. All of the books I read are reviewed at Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords (if applicable) and here at CandysRaves.com and I make every effort to contact you when I have reviewed your book.
If your request does not have ALL of the following, I will ignore it. Please make sure it has the following information:
- Title and Author
- Link to book Amazon and Smashwords (if applicable – if you are sending me an advance copy, please say so up front so I don’t ignore you)
- A short blurb about the book (just a few sentences, don’t go crazy)
- A copy of the book or a way to get it, such as;
- If you would like me to consider reviewing your book, please send a copy in one of the following ways. I prefer electronic format (Kindle compatible) unless they are a children’s books, those I prefer in paper mailed to Candy Beauchamp, PO Box 170128, Austin, TX 78717.
- Send as a gift via Amazon – to email@example.com – note I will accept the book gift, but I do NOT guarantee to read it. I’ve actually come to prefer this method because I can tweet/facebook comments/quotes easier now that Amazon has added that ability.
- Smashwords – go to your dashboard and generate a coupon for a free book and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email a .prc .mobi or e.pub file to email@example.com – I DO NOT ACCEPT PDF any longer unless it’s some special book or something. They are too much of a pain to deal with.
Special note: If you don’t send a book or an easy way for me to get your book, chances are I will just delete your request. Also, please only send ONE book. I realize your books are special and I will love them all and you can’t choose, but choose one anyway.
My favorite genres are:
- Women’s Fiction
- Light Paranormal (esp comedic – ie Demon Hunting Soccer Mom series, Twilight and Almost Human stuff okay too)
- Crime novels (think Jack Daniels/Stephanie Plum)
- Time travel novels – not science fiction, more like Imogen Rose’s stuff or Time Traveler’s Wife
- Some selected Young Adult
- Horror/Suspense/Thriller but only if it’s not too gross and has a true plot to it
- Special note: I do NOT read romance (bodice rippers) or faith-based books
My husband does a guest blog now and then when asked nicely. He reads science fiction – primarily space opera and fantasy type stuff. He is also an elementary school teacher so likes children’s books as well. Occasionally, at my discretion, a guest blogger may read the book and post a review for me.
If you send a book, there is no guarantee of when (or even if) your book will be we reviewed. Books are evaluated for interest as they come in, please do not email me asking if I’ve read it or will read it. I respond to ALL requests, usually within two to four weeks, so you will know that I got it the first time. If you send a physical book and it is not read/reviewed, it will be given away to someone that may want to read it. I do not take paid reviews, so please do not offer.
Keep in mind I read lots of books per year, so be honest about your book and don’t make me work too hard to find information about it. If I cannot readily find something, chances are I’ll just ignore it. I have been sent, literally, thousands of books, but the current count of Indie books in my “looks good” pile is:
139 – as of October 7, 2012. Tom has around 30 in his “actually going to read one day” pile.
If you are looking to submit your book to other places for review, there are some lists of independent reviewers: