06 November 2010 ~ 6 Comments

Errollynne Peters, author of Cornfield Heiress has died

I have always left my posts open for comment and I’m glad I did tonight. Not sure if “glad” is the right term, but there was a comment left on my review of Cornfield Heiress by someone saying she was a friend and that she passed away on 11/05/10. I can’t find anything back it up, but from Errollynne’s last blog post, it seems that the cancer had indeed returned.

Just wanted to post that my heart goes out to her family and friends during this difficult time. Even it was “expected” it doesn’t make it “easy”. Much love, her book brought hope and and I felt her pouring her heart out throughout it.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Errollynne Peters, author of Cornfield Heiress has died”

1. A friend 7 November 2010 at 1:32 pm Permalink

Unfortunatly, this is true. Errolynne passed away on Friday.

2. A Friend 17 November 2010 at 8:56 am Permalink

I am so shocked and sorry to hear this. I worked with her for the PR of her book. She was a very nice lady. My condolences to her family and friends.

3. Barbara 21 November 2010 at 4:56 am Permalink

My sister Errollynne passed away Friday Nov. 5th at 1:00 pm. She battled imflamitory breast cancer for six years. She chose alternative cancer treatments,which enabled her to live about three years longer than most cancer patients.She was an extrodinary lady who lived each day to the fullest. I went to Phoenix to care for her in August and September. She knew at that time her end was near. We celebrated life every waking moment with Piper Sonoma Champagne and games of Rummicube.Many friends came to visit, sharing laughter and love and times well spent.She died peacefully, surrounded by those who loved her, with polish on her fingers and toes and wine on her lips. I will spread her ashes on Pillsbury Point near our summer home on Lake Okoboji,Iowa.Errollynne was an extraordinary person.

4. Candy 21 November 2010 at 8:51 am Permalink

Barbara – my thoughts are with you and your entire family. Please know that your sister’s writing did touch some people. I’m so glad to hear she was able to enjoy life. Much love to you all.

5. Robert 31 July 2011 at 12:20 am Permalink

I was afforded the opportunity to read Errollyne’s story by one of her dear woman friends. I enjoyed this story for many reasons, mainly from the lives of my dear friend and he love of Errollynne. I found as I read the book that we lived in the same place in the Pacific North West and could recall my experiences there and how she walked thd same grounds I walked having spent many years there. But there were many other ways she touched me. As a man I was touched by her quest to find an enduring love and a man that could reach in to her rich life and connect there. She was successful, undaunted by life’s trials though she had to live through many difficult trials which she will share with you. I will always cherish this dear woman and the one who introduced Errollyne to me.

6. Rosie Steiner Roppel 19 December 2011 at 4:51 pm Permalink

I am deeply saddened to just find out that our friend Errollynne has passed away. I have known her since we taught together in the late 60’s. We spent time in Portland and stayed in touch when she moved to Arizona. The last I heard from her was when she went to California for treatment again. She had told me she got another standard poodle as I have always had. Then, I was sick for a year and tried to get in touch with her. So now I have done a search on the internet for her and am so sad to find out that my talented friend is no longer with us. She was a very special friend…so talented vocally, intellectually, was a great pianist, and spoke French so eloquently. If anyone can send my email to someone in her family, I would love to talk with her sister. Rosie